Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm not really a morning person...

A good friend of mine posted on her blog about the fact that she wore a pair of inside out pants all day today. It made me laugh and reminded me of one of my own fashion faux pas.

One semester at BYU I made the very very very stupid decision to take an early morning janitorial job. It required me to leave my apartment by 4:30 am and walk across campus so that I could be at work by 5 am. Twice a week I had an 8 oclock class so I would go directly from work to class and then I'd go home and die for a couple of hours before my afternoon classes.

I got to where I got up about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work, dressing in the dark and pulling my hair into a ponytail or wearing a baseball cap.

One morning I woke up, took off my jammies, put on a bra and a t-shirt, and then inexplicably put my pajama top back on OVER my shirt and went to work. This of course occured on one of the two days I had my 8 am class.

Yeah. It was a GOOOOOOOOOOD look. The worst part is that I didn't even realize I had done this until about 5 minutes before my class started. Yes. I made it all the way through my shift at work and 20 minutes in the library around PEOPLE before I noticed that I was wearing my pajamas OVER my clothes.

Even sadder was the fact that I came home horrified by what I had done and my roommates didn't even realize that I'd done it. I dressed SOOOOOO badly back then that the fact that I was wearing sleepwear over my clothes didn't even register as strange.

FYI: I didn't date much in college. I wonder why that was. It's a mystery wrapped inside a riddle, init?

4 comments:

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

I had one of those early morning classes. Remember my big "London" sweater? it was red, went halfway down my thighs and had a big turtleneck? It had a guy with a big yellow umbrella on the front and the word "London"? I loved that sweater. wish I'd saved it for Carly to mock on 80's day... anyway. I always just put back on for that early morning class what I'd worn the night before. One day it was that sweater. I was half way class when I looked down and noticed "london" looked a little funny. It was inside out! I was loookin' Good! The teacher of that class told me near the end of the semester that he noticed I was a very quiet person. well, not normally, I was just half asleep when he knew me. :)
your pajama top story beats my inside out sweater though. good one! Now you are so much hipper than me. You always look so stylish and beautiful. Evolution baby!

Melodie said...

I cleaned the Clyde building from 4 to 8 in the morning my first semester at BYU (when we were neighbors -- before we were roommies). It was so miserable! One morning, I jumped out of bed because I was sure I was late, threw my clothes on, and ran to the Clyde. When I got there, the doors were locked. Confused, I walked over to the bookstore and looked in the window at the clock. It was 2 a.m.!! So I went back home and went back to sleep for a couple more hours. Then I woke up and went to work, and really was late. Come to think of it, this story would be so much better if I were wearing something embarassing. Next time I tell it I will be wearing footie pajamas and have curlers in my hair.

Emily said...

Sounds like an outfit I would wear back then. My poor mother was always pleading with me to wear something cute, something besides holy jeans & flannel shirts over T-shirts. Of course, being 15, I did not want to look CUTE, at least not what my MOM thought was cute. Please.

You are my fashion hero, why haven't we ever gone shopping together? (Besides the fact that I hate shopping.)