-Ponyboy The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

I discovered Paul Newman when I was about 18 years old and I've never been the same. My mom had always had a thing for him, but because he was "old" I'd never really paid attention. Then I saw Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for the first time.

Oh.
My.
I realized then that I had seen the most beautiful man on the planet. My feelings on this subject have not changed. I love Paul Newman.
There are a lot of beautiful men in Hollywood, and I've had crushes on many of them throughout my life, but Paul has always been my constant. Why? Because not only did he have the most beautiful blue eyes ever created, a sly smile that made you want to simultaneously kiss him and smack his arm, and a body that just didn't quit, he was a good person.
Added to that is the fact that men loved him as much as women did. He was just cool, long before he was Cool Hand.
He loved his kids, he loved his wife, he loved his friends. He tried to make the world a better place.
83 is a good long life, but it's still sad to lose someone like him. Luckily, we'll always have this:
7 comments:
Amen.
Butch Cassidy is also what opened my young eyes to the wonder of Paul Newman. There's never been another one like him.
Lame, I know, but I bought Newman's Own Spaghetti Sauce over the weekend. I had to do something. (it's really good, by the way.)
I believe Paul Newman ruined me for all other men.
Maybe Paul Newman is the reason why I can't sustain a relationship. Yeah. I'm going with that.
I've resigned my self to that reality as well.
Paul is a lovely man-While I did not love Butch Cassidy but I did fall in love with him in the Sting. What a classic. His marinara sauce is do die for.
Melissa, didn't we go and see Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid at BYU at a midnight movie? I think we did. (There goes my freaky memory again.)
Yes, Maurs, I believe we did. We definitely watched it together.
Not freaky, just good.
Post a Comment