
My puppy has a problem. He lives to destroy any small appendange that may be on any of his toys. His pig has no ears and a mohawk, his duck has no bill, and his turtle has no legs.
Target has these really wonderful little stuffed dog toys that they sell for $1. I've bought several for Austen in the past, and when he was really little we brought one to my sister's house. Her dog Brie fell in love with it and stole it from Austen repeatedly. We finally left it there.
Christy then went out and bought several for Brie. When we came to visit a couple of weeks ago Austen immediately went to town pulling every single toy out of the toy basket so that he could play with one. I saw him playing with a little Target turtle toy and assumed it was the one we'd left there as it was missing a leg. At first I thought, "How cute! He knows that's his toy!" Then I realized that it was the wrong color. I got down on the floor and found not one, not two, but three turtles all missing at least one leg, most missing three or four. I asked Christy and she confirmed that before we arrived all of them had their limbs. So, on day one of our five day stay Austen had already maimed three toys.
Last week I went to Target and bought Austen and Brie some turtle toys. Five minutes after giving Austen one of them this is what it looked like:


After all of that heartless destruction, Austen needed a break:

Today, when we went outside for him to do his business I realized that I hadn't picked up any blue feet the day before. Why this moment for my realization? Because I picked up some blue poo, that's why. In case you were wondering, all four feet did, in fact, pass.
When I watched my brother's dog Bo and he ate a washcloth I blamed my inattention on the fact that I was used to only watching one dog. Now I think I'm just a bad dog mom. Good thing I don't have real kids.
5 comments:
I have real kids, but they've never eaten their toys. They've dismantled them yes, and cut their own hair, and colored on the couches with permanent marker and... well, I'll just say that I don't think you're a bad dog mom! :)
I do think dogs are weird.
P.S. Charlie is at our house for the week & she is, at this moment, chasing some small animal in her sleep: growling, sniffing, legs twitching.
Tsk Tsk- you really should be more responsible. For shame, for shame.
GUess how freaked out I was when i saw my first fruit Loop poo. It was bright green and I thought my child was desperately ill. nope. Just lots of green dye #3. probably causes cancer.
You know all kids do naughty stuff when we're not looking like stealing a pack of gum from Kmart.....
guess who? caught 'im in the parking lot and made him take it to the service counter guy and confess. He wanted to just slip it unnoticed back on the shelf and was really angry I wouldn't let it slide.
You sound like a mom who knows when not to freak out. "Eh, it all passed!" No biggie.
Post a Comment