
It's gettin on time for me to go back to work. I knew I'd been on vacation too long when this morning I actually had to hurry in order to get showered in time to make an 11:20 movie and lunch with my sister-in-law. And after I did these two strenuous things, I had to take a nap 'cause I was just so tired. This is NOT right. I can't explain this phenomenon, but it happens every summer, but this year has been worse than usual.
Maybe this is because I normally do something productive during the summer but my financial situation (see my previous post if you're wondering about that) I haven't been able to go anywhere, and frankly it's hotter than Hades here in Vegas, which makes me not want to do ANYTHING.
Added to that is the fact that most of my friends have been gone all summer taking care of family or traveling to fabulous foreign locales (I really kinda hate both of you, by the by), and I've been here, hanging out with my dog. He's super cute and I love him, but he's not much of a conversationalist, unfortch. This is where the boyfriend replacement dog theory breaks down... So, yeah, I'm a loser, but it's true. I've taken about 35 naps in the past week and I'm sitting here thinking "I need to get to bed." I suck. Good thing I have an actual job for most of the year.
4 comments:
I think you should embrace the lazy.
You work so hard during the school year, you should not waste one precious moment of nap time worrying about being lazy in the summer. You need this time to recharge.
Of course, you could always make a list and do a few fun things before you go back to work. Sounds like a good time for a leisurely trip to a bookstore. Or not. Seriously. You work too hard to feel bad about laying around.
And by the way, I'm digging your Song O' The Week. It's one of my faves! I'm so glad you like Reckless, too! :)
I don't like Reckless, I LOVE THEM!!! I giggle every time I hear Guacamole, and "Nobody's Girl"? fuggettaboutit.
In the name of karma:
I thought that I was just suffering from crazy jet-lag but it turns out I have a sinus infection and an ear infection.
I just found out I am teaching English 10 not 9.
School starts on Monday and I have yet to set up a single thing in my classroom. Haven't hung a single poster, haven't fixed my course outline, haven't unpacked my desk.
Talk about lazy. Nap sounds pretty good.
Post a Comment