Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Love Hurts. . .

I've recently realized that some things that I love simply aren't good for me: Cool Ranch Doritos, cupcakes, In-N-Out Cheeseburgers with grilled onions and a side of fries, or Cafe Rio's Pork Barbecoa and house dressing. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water and causes me to gain five pounds. I know I can't eat these things in the quantities I desire unless I want to end up so large that it will take a crane and a specially cut hole in the side of my house to remove my bloated corpse. Excising these treats from my regular diet hurts, trust me, but I have bigger problems. I've got to get rid of something far more precious. I'm not referring to food, I'm talkin' about these suckers:




I know, I know, they look innocent, don't they? Angelic, even. Don't let their sweet smiles and beauty fool you. These children are disease carriers.

It never fails, but if I spend time with them, I get sick. They've made me puke at Christmas, want to die at Easter, and now, after spending only a few hours in their presence I've been cursed with a head cold. This, even though none of them appeared to be sick in any way. I'd lay the blame elsewhere if their track record wasn't so darn perfect.

Now, I love these vermin. Lots and lots. I'd even venture to say that they constitute five of my favorite ten people in the entire world. But, I'm thinking I might have to cut them out completely. . . for my health.

Cool Ranch Doritos, cupcakes, In-N-Out Cheeseburgers, Pork Barbacoa, and Jamie's kids. . . the sacrifices I must make!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That hurts maur...
that hurts.....
I have some werid tendonitis thing in my hand but other than that..... we are all WELL!!!!!!!!
oh I was catching up on your latest posts and guess what.... Carly does know that song ironic..

Maursupial said...

Wow. Carly is well versed in antiquities. What a woman. All I have to say is that I keep coming back in spite of the disease. That should tell you a lot about the charms of your disease carriers! I love them!

Jillian said...

All addicts come back...it's part of the disease.

Matthew said...

I shouldn't tell you this, but it will show you just how much I love Jamie & hate to see her kids falsely accused. 4 of the 5 Hillsiders have had fevers, chills, coughs, etc this week. We are ALL home sick today. Gwen is the only one not sick, but she's going around telling all of us just how sick she is too. Insert fake cough here.

Sorry.

Em

Jillian said...

Just for the record....baby Jesus is totally freaking me out.