You know, I used to love to look at my parents' old yearbooks and see the great late 50's/early 60's fashion and hair. Alas, if you were born in the 70's like me, your children will not have the same reaction. Thanks to the magic that is YouTube we see that even the 1986 Dodgers had no sense of fashion, rhythm, or propriety for that matter. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: The Baseball Boogie starring, sadly, my boys in blue.
I used to practically worship these guys. So sad to see your idols fall from grace. Thanks David!
4 comments:
omigosh, I can't even watch the whole thing! I'm mortified! (and strangely, I have no recollection of this seminal event.)
I know. I've made it almost to the end a couple of times, but alas, I cannot. I don't remember this either, and I was a HUGE fan of this particular group of Dodgers. I think I may have blocked the whole darn thing so that I could still be a fan.
really really really bad. They are so shiny and they think they are like bad to the bone and like totally tubular. for some reason I just pictured myself seriously using the phrase "that's so rad" and now I can't stop laughing. here's my favorite carly words...
she calls the seventh graders "sevies" and the clique of "seemingly emotionally disturbed, I'm gonna cut myself with a razor blade" types "emo's" pronounced
long E and then mo what rhymes with toe...
I hate the text message abbreviation crap and while watching her "IM" with her friends she wrote j/k and then tried to explain that it meant just kidding.. I threw up my hand (got the talk to the hand thing downpat as a mother of 5) and said "puhleeze.... I know j/k... I invented j/k (obvious overstatement but going for don't write me off effect) she was a bit chagrined... thank you very much.
I believe that Orel hip thrust is the most disturbing part.
Post a Comment