
2. Bronx Mowgli Wentz? Really?! Did they lose a bet or something?
3. This week was American Education Week, and a teacher at my school always gives the kids an assignment to choose a teacher to write a thank you card for. I got about 6 this year, and they were really sweet. One in particular said that I was the most inspirational teacher she'd ever had. It made me cry and feel all warm and tingly inside. It's nice to know you make an impact.
4. I'm through fighting it. I'll go and see Twilight. I'm sure it will benefit from abridgement. I think I can handle two hours of on screen teenage angst. I deal with the three dimensional version every day.

(Robert Pattison and his handsome hair don't hurt the cause. Of course, in my heart he'll always be Cedric Diggory.)
5. I realized that I haven't mentioned my boyfriend Toby for awhile. Hey everyone, I love Toby Stephens!
7 comments:
I am glad you had such a great American Education Week. You are a teacher who really cares about your kids, there is nothing better than that. Thoes kids are really lucky!!!!!!!
Sad to hear that Solace is only ok. I was looking forward to it.
The vampire guy gives me the creeps. I heard a review (on Fresh Air) that described him this way: "He's a strange looking actor, more my idea of a hunky Frankenstein Monster than a hunky vampire, with six inches of hair above six inches of forehead above a foot of face in too-obvious white greasepaint." Whoa. Can a review be more dead-on that that?
I didn't buy him as Edward. I had a really hard time. He just didn't pull it off for me. I thought Kristen stewart did a good job as Bella. They got some things right but I left feeling sort of so so about the movie. I love the books though. I'm going to see it again to be objective. I went with Carly, Rachel and 3 of Carly's friends who had seen it less than 24 hours previously at a midnight showing. They were all giddy with delight over it but my girls felt the same as I did. don't know if I colored their views or if they're just as smart as me... only kidding. every one has a right to their own opinion re: movie as they do re: the books. Right! :)
My Sunday school class was divided on Twilight, Jordon LOVED it and Sarah (my favorited girl in the world outside the wonderful nieces) said "it just wasn't as good as it should of been"
I thought Twilight was okay. Edward didn't do it for me in the books, so I wasn't disappointed. I was disappointed in Jacob, though! He was just so...pretty...and his teeth were glaringly white. There wasn't enough about the wolves.
I have to say, I loved Charlie! When I read the books, I really liked Charlie's character, but I pictured him as older...and not by just a couple of years, as he appeared in the movie. Just like the books, the movie made me feel old. I thought Charlie was the most attractive thing on screen! Ha!
So, overall, I liked it. My mom, however, was disappointed. She thought the actors who played Bella and Edward both did a bad job.
And congrats on the letters! You are a compassionate dedicated educator (heh heh) and it's wonderful they recognized you.
Oh, and Bronx Mowgli??? Wasn't Mowgli the main character of the Jungle Book?
Horrible. Just horrible.
Daniel Craig: not horrible. Not horrible at all!
Post a Comment