Here he is, my main man......

AUSTEN!! (As in Jane, not as in "If this is Austin, I still love you...")
I know, I know, it's not one of the names I had you chime in on. It's not that I don't value your opinions, it's just that all of the names I had come up with at that point weren't right. It's the reason why I couldn't decide on one and had to ask your opinions in the first place.
My sister Christy and I were mulling over some name options through email, and she suggested Austen. It was a name I'd considered MONTHS ago and discarded, thinking it was too common, but when Christy suggested it to me it was just right. So, I will have a boy that makes me not only think of my boyfriend Mr. Darcy, but also Captain Fredrick Wentworth and all of the other delicious Jane Austen heroes.
Let's have another look, shall we?

Isn't he darling? I haven't brought him home yet (he's still too little), but it was fun to see his open eyes and chubby little body as he played with his brothers and sisters. He's a mellow little guy, and I think I need mellow in my life right now.

But check out that cheeky little look on his face. . . I think he might have enough snark to fit into this family. We like a little edge in our corgis.
14 comments:
HE is sooo sooo cute! and you ain't bad either. tap and twirl... tap and twirl... you got me almost convinced to drop $60 on my own little pots of mineral magic.
THanks for coming to Carly's play. SHe loved having you and mom here. Mark said "That was a great little visit wasn't it?!" so all are agree'd on the fact that it was nice to have you come!
hey... was that twirl & then tap???? I think it was.
Of course, I didn't post the pictures where my second chin is trying to eat my face. . . it's all in the editing. And yes, it is Twirl and Tap. . .
He is very cute and I like that you decided against Jack...as Jena and I want to name a man child that someday...if we can figure out how to make one.
I LOVE THE NAME!!!!! It's perfect. I like it much better than the other choices.
And those are great pics of you, too, Maurs!
Congratulations on your new lil' man!
He is adorable! He looks like Gunner and that's like 100 cutes. Mellow isnt' bad, in fact yesterday, my "mellow" Alyx picked 2 fights with decidedly unmellow Brie. What exactly is the tap and twirl? If Jamie is almost ready to drop $60 on anything, I want to know about it!
Ohhhh, I want one too! Wait, no I don't. Please don't tell my husband I said that.
David - don't you care that our cat is named Jack? & everyone in the family will think of him when you mean your son, because we're all so attached to our kitty.
Maury - I can't wait to meet him! How much longer???
Emily....
you know, strange thing... dog names are harder to share with children than cat names... I don't know why but it's a fact.
Christy... Ha ha ha ha...
David & Jenafer. I like the wedding picture by your names... who knows what number Mark and I hit on Thursday, a day upon which we will do nothing to celebrate said 16 years as we have guitar lessons, soccor practice and pack meeting. whew! WEll, I guess we are celebrating these little punks we produced in the past 16 years.
Maury....
double chins suck! ... and thank you for the clarification
world: IT SNOWED YESTERDAY AND IS STILL COLD AND FROZEN TODAY MARCH 31, 10 DAYS AFTER THE ADVENT OF SPRING
Jamie: This is not your blog... This is not your blog....
oops... I just realized I mentioned every commenter except Melissa and I feel badly so...
Melissa: HI, I enjoy stopping by the dreamtrailer now and again...
Oh, that little fuzzball is ADORABLE!!!
Congrats Maury! I love the name, I love the pup!
oh what a cutie. How could you not love that little face.
it's impossible not too. You just have to. It's a rule. I get him Thursday! I'm close to ecstatic.
"Ecstatic is a fancy word for happy."
~Fancy Nancy
It's Thursday! Hope you and your puppy have a wonderful first day together!
And Jamie, thanks for the love. I was feeling left out! (not really, but thanks anyway :))
Post a Comment