
I can't quite get excited about losing weight. I'll admit it. I'm having a hard time focusing. I know I'm fat and unhealthy and I need to work on it, I know that I feel like crap when I eat my body weight in Cadbury Mini Eggs or Cool Ranch Doritos, I know that I feel wonderful when I eat salads and work out daily. I know these things. I do. I know how great I felt when I was thin and cute and men tried to pick me up at Trader Joe's (This is much different than being hit on by old men at Wal-Mart. Trust me.). I do.
Why is it, then that I can't focus and do what I need to do in order to lose weight? Why do I do this thing to myself time and time again? Huh?
I do know that when I did the whole Weight Watchers thing before I had a FANTASTIC leader and supportive group. That helped. In addition, I wasn't trying to run a large educational program, plan a class on summarization techniques for the District office, and take two very intensive classes for my Master's Degree. Maybe that has something to do with it all.
Oh well. If anyone out there has any advice/comments/stories to share, feel free. I need some MOTIVATION!!!
On a happy note, I get my new puppy in two weeks! I'll be posting more about this in the days to come including pictures and finally. . . his NAME!! (It's good. I can't wait to share. Those of you who already know. . . keep it under your hats)
10 comments:
you're back. I've been checking and honestly I'm getting sick of that picture of Ralph malph. glad to have a new post to look at. I really need to go exercise.... Ive been sitting in my exercise clothes since 7:30... i'ts only 8:30 but why am I putting it off??
sometimes I put it off til... ooops... I ran out of time to exercise. I think you've inspired me. Keith (my exercise music...) here i come..... (He also inspires me)
I am in the same boat, I keep trying to motivate myself but it just does not work. So I understand the frustration. I had done well late last year but then I erased all my gains. My goal is to start biking to work. I think I can do it, but I need to get into shape just to do that :( Anyway, don't give up, you did it once before, you can do it again (that is what I tell myself). I hope we can both reach our goals.
You should probably cut the pushers out of your life, that would help with the mini egg problem. :) Sorry!!
I got on the scale for the first time in months and it topped out at.........a lot! Seriously, if you find some motivation, feel free to pass it along this way.
And yeah- my kids commented on the fact that I must 'have a new man' cause I am wearing dresses to school now.
I don't have the heart to tell them that it is just because none of my pants will button!
From across the country, I heard you LOUD AND CLEAR!!! I will post with some motivating soon...when I feel motivated. I'm a stress eater and lately I've been stressed. You do the math.
BUT, this morning I passed on the jellybeans and only had one chocolate egg for breakfast. That's progress!
Thanks just for chiming in on this one, guys. I beat myself up so badly for this, and it's nice to know I'm not alone. I finished off the last remaining Mini Eggs in my possession last night, so I feel that I might have a fighting chance to start again!
Ditto what Jamie said about Ralph. Glad you're back!
Mmm, Cadbury mini eggs. How can something so wrong feel so right?
Oh, Cadbury mini eggs...thank goodness they only appear at Easter...
Sometimes when I am in a slump I download a song that I really want to listen to but only let myself hear it while I'm exercising.
But really Maury, the last time I saw you, you looked beautiful. Really, truly, beautiful :)
oooooh, good idea, Molls! Around here, it's getting to be walking outside weather and last year, I loved downloading new music to walk to. I actually got to the point where I looked forward to my walks. I know. Freak!
Yep, it's always a new day. This morning, I didn't have a single chocolate egg (and I ate all of the jellybeans last night so they are no longer a temptations!;)). I'm making no promises about later tonight, but I can only take it one hour at a time!
Last you posted about this, you had lost EIGHT POUNDS! That's a lot, Maurs. We'd be distraught if we'd gained 8 pounds but somehow we never give ourselves credit for what we do accomplish.
I have a motivator, his name is Wesley. He won't leave me alone until we go for a walk. Maybe the new man will help. I never feel worse after exercise, so why do I put it off?
Post a Comment