Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Na na na na na na na na It's Puppy Time!

Hey everyone. I'm getting a puppy! Yep. I real live, Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy. He's a boy. (I first typed "goy" and although it is accurate that he's NOT Jewish, I didn't think it fully expressed what I was trying to convey) Right now he looks more like an alien than a corgi:



But will one day look more like this:



Here's my dilemma, and I need your help. This isn't JUST a shameless plea for comments, I really need your help. I cannot decide on a name for this boy. Here are the current options:

1. Dr. Jack Shepherd "Jack"
2. Toby Stephens "Toby"
3. Atticus Finch "Atticus"
4. Mr. Rochester "Chester"
5. Nicholas Ryan "Nick"

HELP!! If you have any additional suggestions for names, please share. Remember, I'm an English teacher and prefer literary ones.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Yahoooo!!!

First, I must confessed my ignorance: Nicholas Ryan?

So far, my only other input is ixnay on obytay. People will think you named your dog after Toby Keith. I know someone who did that. Named a toy pomeranian after Toby Keith. Ugh on so many levels.

Jillian said...

We vote for Chester. And by we, I mean me and my 2nd period AVID class. And by second period AVID, I mean Aladrian and Janai.

Maursupial said...

Nicholas Ryan is a character from McLeod's Daughters

Anonymous said...

what about a nice welsh name like Dylan?

Melissa said...

So far I'm going with Chester, too, but let me ponder some more.

Melodie said...

I'm voting for Chester, too. Braden got a stuffed dog for Christmas that I promptly named Chester, and he is now a member of the family. I love using "human" names for dogs. Most of the dogs in our family have had human names: Sherri, Shawna, Sarah, Ruby (all girls!). I plan on having a little dog named Dennis one day. Isn't that a great name? Does "Dennis the Menace" count as a literary reference?

Jillian said...

And just for the record, I just breazed over the 'goy' comment like I totally knew it had something to do with not being jewish.

I know stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm up for jack or chester....

Matthew said...

I like Jack too. I have a cat named Jack, but if you were to call him that, I would promptly stop calling him to the house with that name, "Come, Jack! Come here, boy!" Oh, wait! We have never called the cat. Jack is a cat, and therefore much more like a fish than a real pet. Have the name Jack if you like.

I could love a dog named Chester too... and for short you could call him "Chet".

Atticus is a STRONG name... I love that name.

Congrats on the dog.

Malissa said...

Maury- My vote is Mr. Rochester- dreamy, wonderful. Chester as a nickname- perfect!!