The idea of red heads becoming extinct has me depressed. Of course, my natural color is not as red as the current shade I'm sporting, but this saddens me. WHY?? Because I loves me some red headed men. I know, I know. Most of you are saying "WHAT?!?!?" because you've all been brainwashed into believing that all red headed men look like this:

Or This:

But let me chime in on this one for a little bit. I went to college believing this lie. Then came HIM. I don't know HIS name, I never have actually spoken to HIM, but I will tell you that I could describe to you every single inch of HIS BEAUTIFUL face. HE was the most gorgeous creature I had ever lain eyes on, and he had red hair. He was a fellow student at BYU, and because the stars were aligned, or because I needed to rethink my stance on red-headed boys (developed because of the aforementioned and a boy in my ward growing up who was a HUGE dork and thought everyone picked on him because he had red hair. . . FYI, P.W., we picked on you 'cause you were a whiny weenie who couldn't take a joke, but if you need to blame it on your red hair, be my guest), I somehow managed to see him on campus nearly every day for the first two years of college. We never had any classes together, had no friends in common, and I never discovered his name, but I loved him with a love as pure and true as it is possible to feel for a person you've never actually spoken two words (or even one) to.
At first, I thought it was an abberation, but I've realized that, yes, there are some uggos out there with red hair, but when a red headed man is hot, he's hotter than any other. You can disagree with me, you can laugh, but you can't change my mind on this one. Nope. Nuh Uh. Don't even try.
And in case you need some convincing, there's always my boyfriend Toby Stephens:

OR.... Delicious Damien Lewis:

Mmmmmmm. Let's look at that again, shall we?


Soooooooo.... if you know of any hunky red headed men, I don't mind if you turn up your nose. . . just send 'em my way.
12 comments:
Ralph Malph makes me hoooot.
Um.
Not really. ;-D
He would.
My frist reaction: "what is she thinking???" I immediately thought "Carrot Top" but then remembered college hottie Chris Coooooppah! He gave masculine red hair a good name!
So, okay, I can appreciate your appreciation. I will send any red hot hotties I find your way. You would have beautiful auburn babies.
Yes. There are a lot of unnattractive red heads out there. But there are also some rather unappealing brunettes and blondes too. . . 'member Jeff? Anyway, I'm just saying that there's such a bias out there against red headed men, that people have been blind to the fact that hot red headed men are out there, and, in my opinion, hotter than everyone else!
Carrot Top is not only hideous, he's also annoying, untalented and lives in my city, unfortunately.
Also: DAMIEN and TOBY!! Oooh and my friend Joel (although he was only a strawberry blonde. Still hot, though).
I was deeply in like with a redhead as a sophomore in high school. He had a beautiful voice too. Then he broke my heart by not knowing I exist & I haven't had any feelings for a redhead since. Your Toby's a cutey though!
While he is supa-hot, doesn't the last picture look like he has lipstick on?
Or did he just finish layin' a big wet one on you?
That guy from Life is yummy. I didn't know his name, just his inate hotness!
I believe it's just a nice cherry chapstick Jill.
I used to belong to the same gym as Carrot Top, who worked out at many of the same times I did.
Three words: NOT MY STYLE.
And actually, Maurs, I was really much more into the Fonz or Richie.
Check this out:
Apparently redheads need more anethesia than brunettes. You guys are more sensitive to pain.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/redhead-anesthesia.htm
FYI everyone: I don't find every redheaded man attractive. Carrot Top is revolting. I find HOT redheads especially attractive. That is all.
I would have to agree...I am partial to red-heads, myself. I don't know if you remember my English Gary? Ah...that was a LONG time ago.
Post a Comment