

Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran turned 50 today.
This is the end of my youth as I've known it. You see, Duran Duran were THE band of my youth. They epitomized the 1980's: big hair, make-up, synthesized music, and image, image, image. These boys made MTV what it was and MTV made them. They had elaborate and expensive videos and they looked gooooooood.

So many of my childhood memories are set to Duran Duran's music, "Girls on Film", "Hungry Like the Wolf" (a song outlawed in the Lowe household due to suggestive moaning and grunting)"The Reflex", "Rio". . . I could go on and on.
So, although I have always been (and remain to this day) a John Taylor girl:

I have a big soft spot in my heart for Mr. Le Bon...even if he is old.
Happy Birthday Simon!!
1 comment:
There is a free paper in DC on the metro and they provide quotes from peoples blogs. One of them said that he offically felt old when they started playing their favorite music as a kid for blood monitoring machines. They had entered into the demographic and thought playing that music would help. I had to laugh.
Post a Comment