Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Draggin'

I'm tired today. Bone deep, world weary, yawning in the middle of teaching, tired. I know that this isn't news to anyone who has had to listen to me whine for the past two year. Teaching full time + UNLV Masters program = tired, cranky me. However, today, I have NOT brought the exhaustion on myself. I mean it!

I had my class last night, and then remembered that I needed to go to Costco to get batteries for my AVID class (all of our TI-84 calculator batteries are shot) and then it was too late to make dinner, so I had to get that, and then I remembered I was out of plastic forks in my classroom... Anyway, long story short, I didn't get home until 8:00 pm. Usually this means that I don't get to bed at a decent hour, but a combination of nothing on television and exhaustion had me in bed by 9:30 (on a side note, Austen is so sick of being locked up that he's going to declare war on me any moment. I feel it coming.).

I fell asleep by 10:00, a shocking development in this insomniac's life. Then at 1:30 am I was awoken by the horrible sound of a car's engine revving, tires squealing, and brakes screaming followed by the unmistakable thud of impact.

Then, wide awake, I was treated to a string of profanity, from whom I can only assume was the driver, that could have landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records.

When I peeked out my window I couldn't see the accident, but I could see my super KLASSY (yes, with a K) neighbor, who is 17 at most, running down the street in a pair of shorty shorts, a tank top, and NO SHOES while screaming profanities at the person involved in the accident. Then, her even Klassier mother came out of the house and proceded to inform the driver that she was going to call the F*&#*ing cops! I know that she was serious because she repeated that phrase approximately 467,000 times.

The thing is, this isn't the first time I've been woken up by the gunning of engines or the screaming of brakes. In fact, it's not even the first time this week. I think that we've got some super Klassy drag racing going on in the middle of the night. At least that's what I have surmissed based on the sounds I'm hearing.

I think they see themselves like this:




When, from the sound of the engine it's probably a little more like this:



The thing is, it always takes place between 11:30 pm and 2:00 am, and ALWAYS involves The Klassy Family teenagers. Always. My question is, why are they up draggin' down my road instead of in bed?

I think someone (perhaps a parent?) needs to be draggin' some Klassy teenage hiney back into the house for some beatings and bed time.

Hmmmph!

4 comments:

Da Browns said...

Those kids need a good 'Laying on of hands'!

Jamie said...

"Klassy" with a K just says so much.

sorry about the late night profanity, krash and noise in general.

Hope it goes better tonight.

Freddy said...

I hear ya my friend. I feel the same way. These young punks. I have decided when I get old I want to sit on a porch and yell at the kids as they run on my grass. I am ready to become an old curmudgeon, infact I might already be there. YES I do live a sad life :(

Maursupial said...

Freddy,
Let's live next door to each other and take turns turning the hose on whippersnappers.