Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Wii Problem


One thing you should know about me: I hate video games. I always have. I think they're a time suck and have caused me more frustration as a teacher of teenaged boys than I'd like to admit. So, when my brother and sister-in-law suggested I come by last night and play their Wii with them last night I thought, "Ok, whatever." I went mostly for the good company and to allow Austen to bite someone other than me. Mellow? Yeah, right!

Anyway, I didn't really expect to like playing the Wii, and I didn't. . . I LOVED it. I loved it so much that today my right shoulder and elbow hurts entirely because of how spastic...er enthusiastically I played.

That being said, I'm a whiz at Wii bowling, something I definitely am NOT in real life, and I won a Mario game I can't remember the name of.

So, here I sit with sore shoulder, mulling over whether or not I should spend my hard earned money on a video game of all things. I know I won't, but BOY am I ever tempted.

8 comments:

Jillian said...

As I am sure you and your bro both know....I am all about all things Wii and Dance Dance Revolution!

Game on.

user said...

I looooove the Wii and I share your generalized hatred of video games. BUT, Wii is fun (try the boxing game) and I love Guitar Hero! I haven't tried DDR, but I'm sure I would love it, too.

Maursupial said...

Yeah, I did try the boxing game. It was a LOT of fun, but I'm paying for it today. Wii is a workout!!

molly said...

Jason would love to get a Wii but I keep telling him no because it will just waste his time. Honestly, it would really waste MY time. I wouldn't be able to put it down. I am a closet Wii junkie...And DDR is the best.

Matthew said...

M Soup,
The Wii is the best thing since the Intelivision. I want one.

Matthew

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, my first thought when I saw the picture for this blog entry was, "Oh. A high-tech pregnancy test."

Anonymous said...

Just adding this...

Um, I guess that shows how much I'm into video games. ;-)

Malissa said...

I enjoy playing doubles tennis with Mark. And yes, I end up sore the next day too!

The best part about having a Wii is that it is a FANTASTIC bribe for a 5 year old boy I know..."If you (fill in the blank), you can play the Wii for 15 minutes"...works like a charm every time!!