Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Way of the Corgi

When I got Austen, he looked like this:


and didn't know that I wanted him to pee outside.

Then, he looked like this:



See how his ears are coming up? I called this the flying nun stage. At this point he started to realize that if he peed inside he got yelled at, and when he peed outside he got a treat. He also realized that he liked to bite my neck when I carried him down the stairs to go outside.

Now he looks like this:



His ears are now up (albeit a bit floppy)! Those of you not well versed in the ways of the Corgi might not know it, but this is an exciting day. Seriously. Two of the best things about a corgi and are their alert, expressive ears. Corgis who's ears don't come up get mocked by all of the other corgis. Really. Junior high corgis are known to give swirlies to the floppy eared ones.

Other wonderful features of corgis are their adorable fluffy hineys (dubbed "bummy feathers" by my siblings and I when we were very very young), devious dispositions, and the phenomenally cute way they lay down with their legs stretched out behind them.

However, there's another feature of the corgi that isn't quite as endearing:



AT TI TUDE! This is Austen saying, "Screw you! I'll pee where I want, woman!"

And this one:



is him saying "You're not the boss of me!"

And this:



is me saying, "Oh yes, I am!"

So, yeah, house breaking and training is going GREAT!!

15 comments:

nurselynn said...

Awww, Maury, he's a precious pup for sure! What a little cutie. Congrats on his ears! I especially love the attitude photos. Reminds me of some of my favorite 2 year olds. How is he doing during the daytime when you are gone?

user said...

Freakin' cute. Good thing you've got more tude than him.

Maursupial said...

I dont know if I DO have as much tude as him. I just have opposable thumbs and over a hundred pound advantage. Thank goodness.

Maursupial said...

He's doing ok during the day. I think he sleeps almost the whole day. I of course feel guilty and sad when I leave and miss him all day long.

Jillian said...

That is hilarious. I think that most of the day while you are gone, he works out his plan for world domination. I can see it in his face.

user said...

Hahhahahahaha! I think Jill's on to something. Austen is probably IM'ing my cat Zoli right now. We should be very afraid.

Christy said...

He is so adorable!! (that's like 100 cutes) I love his ears and his attitude, but he really needs larger ears to be cool. (That's another thing the jr high corgi's will give you a wedgie for)

Anonymous said...

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

But I think Jill is right. World domination, baby...world domination.

Anonymous said...

ok... my kids think this post is hilarious and you... YOU are responsible for my children declaring

"Screw you, I'll pee where I want woman!"

As if Jacob needed any new ideas.....

Maursupial said...

HA! (that's the laugh of a childless woman.)

Matthew said...

Jamie,
Didn't your kids say that anyway?

Maursupial said...

Yeah, that would explain why Jacob "forgot" that you don't pee on your sister in the tub.

Maursupial said...

That would have been a WAY better response to Christy in that situation, come to think about it.

Maursupial said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well matthew, they used to leave off the screw you woman! of course they've always stood for the right to pee wherever they want....