
I do not personally own any Tiffany's jewelry and frankly, I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on jewelry for myself. I'd rather have someone else buy me some (and we all know that ain't happening any time soon.). The fact that my own taste in jewelry leans more toward the funky than the classic hasn't stopped me from wanting a little blue box of my very own. Instead of buying a piece of jewelry just for the box, I decided to create, for not much more than the price of this teeeeeeeeny tiny little Tiffany's box,

this one
that I get to sleep in. Pretty huh?
I pretty much started from scratch with this room. I bought a new bed for only $100 from Ikea, and instead of bedside tables I chose to hang floating shelves on either side of the bed for a total of $40. Not too shabby, eh?
Then I bought two new lamps for $80 total and they are gorgeous:
They are made of acrylic and when they're lit they almost shimmer like the chandelier of my dreams.
I also found these super cute curtains for $40:
when I first found them I couldn't decide if they were the most fabulous curtains I'd ever seen or the most horrible ones. I'm glad I was brave and bought them instead of my normal boring route, 'cause I think they give the room a little something special.
A couple of weeks ago on a visit to my parents' house, my mom and I went shopping at our favorite little antique shop ever where I found this beatiful plate and creamer set:
totally unneccessary, but completely adorable. In the same vein are the vintage hand embroidered peacock pillow cases (from a different antique store):
that I had the same internal struggle over as the curtains.
To finish the whole thing off I used a duvet cover I already had, and bought a set of new Tiffany's blue sheets and two fluffy white rugs that I can't keep Austen off of.
In the end, I have a room that I love so much that I clap with glee when I come home. Not too shabby, not too expensive, and way better than that bracelet.
14 comments:
SOOO SOO cute! I love what you did! And the curtains ARE the most fabulous things ever!
I love everything but the curtains. I dont HATE them, I'm just kind of meh... ambivelant. Maybe I'd feel different if I saw them in person but the rugs and lamps and shelves I love! It's really beautiful. More fulfilling than the bracelet, although the bracelet is cute. I love a pretty room and you are very good at making a pretty room!
I meant to also say that I ADORE the peacock pillowcases. I think they are fabulous.
Love the room! And I especially love the embroidered pillow cases!! I don't know what it is about them, I guess it reminds me of my childhood, but I love them, need them. Where did you get them?
Now, all I can do is picture you a-la, I dream of Jeanie....but Tiffany style. Which isn't a bad thing at all. Rather-I love it.
Beautiful! so much better than I had imagined-and I was imagining all of those thinges-except the lamps and creamer which I was not present for the buying. Everything else I think I saw and the whole is better than the sum of its parts
I love it! (and I love IKEA)
Monique,
I found them at an antique store in Yucca Valley, CA, and they were the only ones there. Sorry!! I love this type of embroidery, too and I buy a lot of table cloths in this style. I was super excited to find TWO matching pillow cases 'cause they're hard to find.
I LOVE IT!!!! I love the curtains! I love the embroidery. The room is so peaceful and inviting. I'm also into glass lamps these days. They're so pretty and pretty is such a good thing. I take exception with only one thing: "my loser life" tag??? I think not! This is so not a losery room!
amen. amen. LOVE IT!!
I LOVE your room!!! Very nice! I would clap with glee if I had that to come home to. (all I come home to, is a pile of clothes that need to be folded and assorted dog/cat toys strewn about my floor!)
Well done, definitely something to be proud of.
Maury, you've made a beautiful room! I'm SO glad you did it for yourself! You deserve lovely things and sometimes we forget to give to ourselves. Enjoy! (and come to my house and help me out!)
I am so glad you shared!! Your room is as amazing as the rest of your house. All I can say is someday....
I will get to decorate and make things glitter as well.
Your room is beautiful!
Post a Comment