
I went to my final class as a master's student at UNLV tonight. I turned in my sub-par paper, went to dinner with my friend Becky, and it's over. I can scarcely believe it myself. If I so choose, I will not have to ever go back to the UNLV campus after next Tuesday when I walk in graduation.
A couple of my professors want me to start working on my doctorate, like yesterday, but I am looking forward to a little while of just being a teacher, member of the AVID Training Cadre, and teaching professional development classes for the district. (I know. I don't know how to say no) I'm looking forward to coming home after school and reading books FOR PLEASURE again. I'm looking forward to naps and summers spent trying to fill my time.
I know that I'll feel a little lost in a couple of weeks when this all sinks in and I will start looking for ways to fill my time. I've been considering a couple of things....

First of all, I've lost all of my excuses for not working out, and I'm tired of being fat and feeling like crap. I really want to get on this one.

I could pick up an old favorite: cross stitch. That way I could become "The Cross Stitcher of Light". Watch out everybody, you could have one of these babies heading your way.

Maybe I'll pick up a new skill? I've actually thought about this one, but don't know where to go about learning, since I don't learn skills too well from books. We'll see. I'd love to be able to knit, even if it's just scarves.

and I haven't scrapbooked in two years. Almost two years exactly. Of course, the scrapbooks I'll be creating will be Austen: The Early Years. I swear, any day I'll be dressing him like a baby and pushing him around in a stroller.

I could get down to business and write that book I've always thought about, but if I do that I might as well consider climbing this:

'cause it sounds like the same amount of effort to me.
What I'd love to do is go back to England and stalk this guy:

But I don't have the money.
Any suggestions?
10 comments:
YAY!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Wow, wasn't it just yesterday that we graduated from BYU?
Wow! Lucky...I am so many kinds of jealous.
Especially since CSUN sucks and has now decided they are big fat liars and are not going to accept my elective credit....I am looking into a plan for urban retribution. It will probably involve eggs, laundry detergent and the department heads front lawn. You in?
Jillian,
do you not remember the Math Test Liberation Front plan that involved driving 40 minutes one way on a school night, a debate about the slashing of tires, and one clever but devastatingly vicious note? OF COURSE I'M IN!!!! I'm intrigued by the idea of eggs and laundry detergent. Tell me more.
um... Maury. The cross stitch is bee-u-tiful but I'm sadly lacking in wall space so don't make me one- K!
I'll take a scarf though.
yee haw! girl- you did it. we are so proud of you.
I'm on for a scarf too-what do you think? NO Kinkade for me either!
Congratulations, Master Maury!!!! Don't go for the doctorate -- "master" sounds way cooler than generic old "doctor". I'm so proud of you!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of you, too!
I think you should definitely take up knitting! I'm sure there's a yarn store in LV that has classes. I'm a big fan!
In fact, you could knit a scarf for Toby and leave it for him on his doorstep in the middle of the night with a box of nutty bars! While you're doing that, I'll round up Jaci, Mel, Molly and Brenda to perform an interpretive dance to "I Can't Make You Love Me" on his lawn. Perfect!!! Ohhh, I'm so glad you have more free time now!
Yeah.. Congrats from me too!!!
I totally think you should do some knitting..go on U tube, there are soooo many sites about casting on and off and all the inbetween.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Congrats my friend. That is so I awesome. I remember finishing my MBA, it felt so good.
Post a Comment