
I often think of [Uncle Joe] as I sit at my design table surrounded by fabric swatches and appliques... He used to say that life was like eating a Hershey's Bar...If you eat it all at once, it will come right back up and there will be no joy in it...He would say, "Life is to be lived one chunk at a time. Remember Jeannie Marie, slow and steady wins the race."
There's nothing like an analogy that involves puking up candy. It really paints a picture, doesn't it?
Thank you Uncle Joe. Thank you.
*Admit it, you're a better person just for reading that.
5 comments:
Ha ha, that is so funny! I think puking is funny, except when it's MY kid puking up birthday cake and red punch on the tile which causes it to splash onto everything! Okay, that's a true story but probably falls under the "too much information" category. Sorry :)
"Life is to be lived one chunk at a time."
Jeanie Marie Bice should rethink calling each piece of Hershey bar a "chunk" right after talking about throwing up.
I started to imagine what she could have meant, and I have settled on the idea that Uncle Joe is bulimic; it's the only way that that quote makes sense to me.
Vomit or quack...tough call.
This isn't true. I've eaten a Hershey Bar in a single bite and I didn't get sick. I'm ashamed to admit it, but take that, Uncle Joe.
Ha! My mind went in the same direction as Matthew's. (should I be concerned??)
On the other hand, I'm surprised I never heard this at a Weight Watchers meeting. Bice's advice is about as intelligent as the mind-numbing mantra, "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Again, not true!
Post a Comment