Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Realization #24560837532: Tuesday Night Television Stinks.

For the past two years I've fairly consistently had class on Tuesday nights. This means I didn't get home until nearly 8pm when I had to cook dinner (snort! Unless going through drvie through at In-N-Out Burger or Del Taco counts as "cooking dinner" I'm a total liar), feed the dog, go to the dog park, take a bath, pick out my clothes for school the next day, do a little homework, and then fall into bed hopefully before midnight and try to sleep.

This means that I have not attempted to watch primetime television on Tuesday night for a long time. This is what I've discovered: I haven't been missing much.

I'm going to come right out and say it: I HATE AMERICAN IDOL. I have NEVER watched it, except when I was visiting my sister Jamie during the season where they voted off Jennifer Hudson but crowned a bundle of crazy named Fantasia Barrino. Hmmmmmm....



Loser?




Winner?

And this one



decides who has musical talent? Hmmmmmmm.

Then there's this show:



that I can't watch 'cause it hits too close to home. On several levels.

I could watch the new 90210, but I fear that in so doing I would open up a shame spiral so large it would suck me and everything within 3 miles down into its shadowy depths. I don't want that on my conscience.

If I stay awake until 9 I guess I could watch Scrubs, but frankly, it's changed times and now networks too many times for me to give a crap.

So there you go. I know this is n't the end of the world, but now that I actually have couch time, I'd like to enjoy it. Instead, I'll have to read a book or something.

11 comments:

Christy said...

2 Words NCIS (okay 4 letters) and the Mentalist!!! fabulous tv. I am currently feeling a little about TV as I do about Pro Spots-you have a strike and I lose interest...and respect, but I love those 2 shows. So I do not bleed blue and I don't really follow too many network tv shows any more.

Da Browns said...

Dude two numbers... 24...I am as of late obsessed. I'm in Vegas trying to watch all 6 seasons of the Hapmtons DVD's before I head home. I just gotta say, it's gotten me over my withdrawls from Alias.(somewhat)
And furthermore when are we gonna get together before I go back home?

Jillian said...

I am with Christy. Well- I'm with Christy for NCIS and then I go to bed. I'm cool like that.

Jennifer said...

Here I was thinking I was original in urging you to watch NCIS and The Mentalist. Two words Simon Baker. MMMMMMM yummy!

Freddy said...

Oh, Maury you are missing out. The biggest loser is the best. It makes me feel better about myself and it is really cool to see these people change their life. Plus the trainer is pretty easy on the eyes. After that is white trash TV at its best, The real houswives of OC, NYC or Atlanta on Bravo. Currently we have the OC housewives which is good but the NYC and Atlanta are truly trashy. Oh, I love it. Bravo TV will change your life. Keep the faith, it is not all bad, I promise, but then again, I love trashy TV, my guility pleasure. (I just think I used too many commas)

Christy said...

Jill/Freddy-remember Maury does not have the Bravo or the HGTV or BBC America or TLC or even FX...sad really! I agree those NYC women are pretentious trashy and the Atlanta women are I think I'm Klassy trshy. Jenn-mmmmmmm Simon Baker-yummy! No man should wear a vest unless he looks like Mr. Baker!

Maursupial said...

Yeah Freddy,
You're taunting me with all of this Bravo talk. But, I only pay $10 per month on the cable, so there you go.

Jennifer said...

Did you sign up to get one of those government subsidised convertors, so horror of horrors, you don't find yourself without tv?

word verification: hanking: verb; I've got a hanking for Simon Baker.

Maursupial said...

Christy and Jennifer,
You don't need to sell me on Simon Baker. He's a hottie and Australian, and I've been a S. B. fan since "Something New".

ANNNNNNNNDD, I don't need a converter box, I have cable, just basic cable with only about 10 channels.

pablo said...

Maury...

You gotta watch the Biggest Loser!!! It is great TV.. On another note NEVER, EVER watch the new 90210

pablo said...

You can also add Law & Order SVU @ 10pm as quality TV on Tuesday!