1. A Co-Worker called me "Beautiful" today. Due to my intense middle child insecurities, this made me think happy thoughts instead of ones that said, "That's kind of inappropriate in the workplace." I really should have been icked out 'cause he's old enough to be my father, has a comb over, wears old man pants, and is a bit on the lecherous side, but hey! I've gotta take 'em where I can get 'em.
2. I was asked to be a guest speaker for a Master's class at UNLV last night. I shared strategies for critical thinking, and it went really well. I always get soooooo nervous before I present anything like that, but as soon as I start I remember how much I love teaching teachers. They are a great audience if you can help them see the need for the information you have to share.
3. I'm in the middle of teaching research papers to sophomores, so that means that I'm partly done with teaching research papers to sophomores. That's the most cheery thing I can think to say about that. (How hard is it, really, to write a works cited page? I even gave them the link to a citation builder that does the work for them, AND showed them how to use it. I mean, really!!!)
4. My gun totin' neighbor came home Monday. I'm trying to be ok with that and sleep at night. Last night, for the first time since the incident, I fell asleep without too much anxiety. Progress!!
2 comments:
When teaching sophomores, I often dream about giving it all up and moving to wherever it is that they teach chimps math and sign language.
The worst they could do is flip you the bird.....considering you taught them that sign....but I'd advise against that.
hope all goes well with the neighbor being home.
you're such a great teacher! remember when you taught RS at BYU and I would come watch you teach the class before I would go and teach mine? you really do have a special gift.
Post a Comment