
It's the last two and a half weeks of school. I'm tired. I'm stressed. I have nothing left to give. Yet, I must fill the next 13 days with activities and learning. I must interact with teenagers that I love dearly, but want to kill. I must find a way to get out of bed every single morning when what I want to do is turn off the alarm and roll over.
I know that most people work all year. I know that the teacher's life of long summers is extravagant. I also know that if I didn't have it I would not be a good teacher. The truth is, as much as I love my students, I need to have a break. I love teaching kids to think critically, and discover a love of reading and writing. I like knowing that I get to do something I love and serve others in the process.
But....
I love my summer. Almost as much.
Does that make me a bad person?
3 comments:
Heck no! We LOVE our summers!
Oh my holy goodness....9 days, 3 of which are minimum days, one flex day.
I'm so over it.
NINE DAYS! You suck. I have (counting today)14 days, four of which are minimum days.
Post a Comment