Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wrong...just wrong

Hey everyone. Every once in a while you come across something so wrong you have to say something about it. That happened to me today. Here it is:



Call me a purist. Call me an elitist. Call me a Corgi snob, but don't ever call me and ask if I'd like a Corgi Bassett mix. The answer, dear friends, won't just be no, but in the words of Sophia from The Color Purple. . . "HELL NO!"

If you find this dog cute, he's looking for a home, 'cause. . . DUH! Check him out at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=218&ad=2541795&cat=&lpid=

At least they didn't call him something precious like a Cassett Hound or a Welsh Bassie. While I'm at it can I ask, when did it become reasonable to call mutts "designer dogs" and charge money for them? Where I come from we call those dogs "Ooopsies!" and we give them away FOR FREE in front of Stater Brothers or Wal-Mart, generally by ten year olds with messy hair and dirty feet.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Ahhhh the hybrid.

Who on Earth asked you if you wanted him?

Maursupial said...

No one actually asked to to take him, he's listed on the KSL classifieds where I've been looking at Corgi puppies.

Jillian said...

The more I see this picture the stranger it looks.

Maursupial said...

Right?

Melissa said...

At first I thought you were being mean so some lil pound pup whose human grandparents weren't responsible enough to spay/neuter their kids, but if we're talking designer dogs FOR SALE, you're right -- this is wrong.