Saturday, January 12, 2008

Chewy Sweet Fiber-Filled Goodness

A couple of months ago I visited my friend Jill (who at last glance was 29 years old. . . and counting :))during my long weekend Nevada Day extravaganza. As always, Jill was a veritable font of knowledge about foodstuffs. She introduced me to several delicious foods in bar form, but my favorite has to be Fiber One Oats and Chocolate granola bars.
They are sweet, but not too sweet, chewy, and have fiber coming out of their ears (errr if they had ears, but then it would look like a face and then I could NOT eat them.) I was so in love with the Oats and Chocolate variety of these bars that I didn't even look at the other kinds. I'm kinda a one bar woman if you know what I mean. But, yesterday I went to Target as I am wont to do and on a whim I bought not only the Oats and Chocolate but also the Oats and Peanut Butter variety.



Oh. My. Goodness.
They are delicicous.

So delicious, in fact that the chocolate ones and I are breaking up. They are, in fact a dim memory if one walked past me on the street it would only look vaguely familiar. So if you haven't yet, check them out.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

You can have the peanut butter ones. Food bars are much like men....it's best not to share.

Here's some bad news though...if you are doing weight watchers the peanut butter bars are 4 points and the chocolate are only 3. Go figure.

Maursupial said...

Damn!

Melissa said...

They almost sound toooo good. Like dangerous good. I don't care. I'm gettin' them. (and thanks for the points info...I'm always counting the damn points!!!)

Jillian said...

By way of warning, whatever you do....DO NOT eat more than one at a time. I have learned by way of personal experience that it is not a pleasant experience.

But if incase you do, rest assured that it will not take long for you to recognize the wisdom in my warning.

Melissa said...

hahahhahaha! Thanks for the warning! :)

Maursupial said...

Correction, according to my handy dandy points finder thingy the peanut butter ones are 3 points, the chocolate ones are 2 points, and the new caramel ones are also two points. YEAH!

Jamie said...

JILLIAN: is this becuase of the fiber coming out their.. ahem.. ears? is THAT why we should only have one?

Maury: have not visited the blog for a while. was happy to find so many reasons to smile, giggle and drool tonight.
thanks