Jane Austen season on Masterpiece Theatre continued this Sunday with
Northanger Abbey and I REALLY liked it. I think this is partially because it's my least favorite book by Jane and largely because it was screen written by Andrew Davies. If you don't know who he is, shame on you!! He is the wonderful human being who wrote the 1995 Pride and Prejudice miniseries starring Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.
(in case you need a reference:

)

Felicity Jones was darling as Catherine, and J. J. Field was charming and lovely as Henry Tilney. So, two thumbs up.
4 comments:
More importantly, what did the guy with the colander for a head have to say about this film?
Nice, Jill. I don't care. I loves me the period pieces.
thanks for the reference. ahhhh, Mr. Darcy...:)
I need to catch up on these. I looooves me some period pieces, too.
Dude-
(Don't you love that I started a post about Jane Austen with 'dude'?)
We're watching the JA series, too. Persuasion is my favorite JA and I hated last week's version. YUCK.
But I did love this week's Northanger Abbey.
I understand it was written by the same guy who wrote the new Pride and Prejudice. I get it. Smart, quirky, a little funny. I hope next week's Mansfield Park is just as juicy but a little less wide-eyed.
Post a Comment