Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Amen, Sister!

“I'm... absolutely crazy about this particular man I just met and had two fabulous dinners with in the space of one week. A man who hasn't had the courtesy to call me today probably because he's simply of the undependable gender . . . So he'll just... drift away like the legion of other cowards for whom I spent my young life staring at the phone like an exquisite collie hoping for table scraps until I became successful and suddenly I started to scare them --- scare them with the very independence they required me to have, so that now I'm looking at some bad numbers, really rough stuff if you know what I'm talking about.”

-C J. Craig, The West Wing “Faith Based Initiative"

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Hey....I loved this line. I think that I emailed it to you a long time ago, didn't I? I can understand it completely. Almost too well. CJ is a wise, wise woman.

Maursupial said...

You did. I had forgotten about it until I was watching The West Wing on DVD last night and had to post it!