Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm not alone in the world. . .

Today I found out that one of my college roomies also loves the British spy show MI:5 (Spooks to those in the UK). I know this is silly, but it made me feel a little less alone in the world. I love this show. . . .REALLY LOVE IT, and I haven't had anyone to talk about it with. I think that I've felt that way about the past few years in general. I feel kind of disconnected. I think being 33 and single in the church leads to that a bit. I didn't think this is what my life would look like at this point. When my parents were my age they had 5 children and had been married for 10 years.

Don't worry, I'm not going to cry and moan here. In fact, I'm feeling fairly content about my life right now. I'm working on my master's degree and mulling over my next steps and what I want to do next, and I must say that I feel blessed to have the opportunities that I have. I get to make all of my decisions entirely based on what I want, I've been able to travel, and when I have a day off and want to sleep in, I can. That's all wonderful, but it also can leave a girl feeling kind of alone in the world...

Well, enough of my reflecting. I'm off to work on a project for my Science Fiction class!!

No comments: