Friday, June 15, 2007

Snapped back into shape. . . .

My professor emailed me and told me that I could make up the portion of the midterm I had left out. So I did. I don't think it's fabulous, and had I read the test correctly I would have answered the question differently than I did, but I at least had the chance to finish.

Also, she said I was one of her stars. Sigh. I just love being called a star. It makes me feel all sparkly and smart. I once told my friend Greg, "I will never be the cutest, or the nicest, but might be the smartest." It's all I have people. Of course, being able to discuss the female archetypes in Faulkner's A Light in August have never made me irrestistible to men, and telling people that I think that Harry Potter is probably going to die at the end of book 7 'cause he's a Christ figure has never won me any friends. . . maybe I should've shot for cute and nice...........Whatayathink?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was with you until you said Harry is going to die. TAKE IT BACK!!!!!!!!
You are sparkly and smart. And cute. And nice...but not too nice. That would be boring.
Congrats on the test! UGH. Sci Fi.

Maursupial said...

Trust me, Melissa, I want to be wrong about Harry. . . archetypes tell me that I'm not.