Tonight I took the midterm in my Science Fiction class. I read the prompt, felt I understood and commenced to writing in a fury. I wrote and wrote and wrote and quoted the text and wrote and wrote and quoted some more, and then after nearly filling a blue book and writing for 1 hour and 15 minutes I turned it in. I felt like either it was brilliant or crap, but that I had put in real effort and understanding and did the best that I could do. Then I came home and tried to get rid of the pounding headache I've had for 3-4 days. My temporary roommate Amanda came home and I told her about the test and how much I'd written. She asked, "What was the question?" So. . . .I picked up the test and read the question, realizing with that sick twisty stomach dropping out of your body universe shifting nauseatic feeling that I had misread the end of the question and had therefore not completely answered the question. I emailed my professor, but have no idea how it's going to go. The thing is, this is TOTALLY and 100% my fault and if she doesn't let me finish the test I will totally understand, and that just sucks. I work so hard and am one of only 3 people who actually come to class prepared and discuss the stories, and the rest of those idiots get a better grade than me on the test in specifics and in the class in general I'm going to just hate myself forever and ever. So, yeah, I guess today my glass is more than half full of crap.
I think the big reason why this happened today is that I've been stretched too thin. I haven't really done anything but read my assignments and do work for school for this entire week and it finally caught up with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment