
In a couple of weeks my sister Christy is going to inaugurate my guest room. I'm really excited about someone other than me enjoying my carefully decorated little hobbit hole.
However....the fact that she's coming means that I need to muck out my "guest room" which has been my "cram all of that crap I don't know what to do with room" since I moved in this summer. I've spent the last two afternoons/evenings working on the mucking out process. I've hung new wire shelves to augment the closet organizer (when I told my sister Jamie what I was doing, she responded "Shelves in the closet? Happy thought, indeed!" which is pretty much the best thing anyone has ever said to me.); shredded old unused checks; reorganized my wrapping paper, ribbons, scrapbooking materials, paper and cardstock, sewing materials, yarn, etc.; and taken many many many bags of trash out to the dumpster.
While I've been doing all of this mucking out, shelf hanging, and organizing, I've been watching TiVo'd episodes of What Not to Wear. (It's one of my favorite shows that I don't really watch so much as have on in the background while I do other things.) Repeatedly Clinton Kelly (my third favorite gay man in the whole wide world, behind NPH and John Barrowman) has told the women on the show "The clothes you wear tell other people how to treat you." or "When you dress better, you'll attract a much better quality of man."

Clinton Kelly, you were right.
Apparently wearing a bleach stained BYU t-shirt and stretched out jeans screams, "Yooooooo Hooooooo 20 year old drug dealer who lives three doors down!! Come on over and hit on me in front of this stinky dumpster!! Oh, and could you bring your buddy carrying a 40 and your huge pit bull that's not on a leash?"
Maybe I'm being overly judgemental. Maybe this guy isn't a drug dealer at all. It's possible that all of those people who drive in to our parking lot, text him, and give him money without getting out of the car are all his friends who're repaying a loan. Maybe he has to talk to them out in the parking lot 'cause he hasn't had time to straighten up his place. I mean, most 20 year old thuggy guys are friends with middle aged twitchy eyed women....right?
Maybe this is the answer to the man plan. I could do worse, right? He's a self employed go getter and he loves animals. What more could I ask for?
4 comments:
1) I see no flaw in this most recent development of, The Man Plan.
2) In the spirit of full disclosure- I am sitting here in red fleece pajama pants with little black schnauzers on them, an oversized (but not for long...I FOUND THE BALLS!) worn out BYU sweatshirt, and slippers. I still have yet to comb my hair today. And yes, it is only (already?) 7pm.
3) Incase you need further proof that we are, indeed, the same person... After getting home from work, I came down the stairs in the aforementioned get-up, and I thought, "If someone nominated me for 'What Not To Wear,' I really couldn't be mad at them."
4) Tell Christy not to screw up anything in my room. ;)
5) I am communicating exclusively in lists today. Just so ya know.
hahhaaa! Hilarious story! I love it. But I say hold out for Clinton Kelly. I adore him! Did you watch the one this past weekend where the woman with brown hair kept refering to herself as a blond bombshell and they made her a red head and she freaked? That made me so mad...ANYWAY. I love you regardless. And I may love your friend Jillian as much, too.
I clicked back over here to see the other comments and noticed that the word verification was 'kisses,' so I pretty much HAD to post again.
It's a sign! Even blogger is down with this Man Plan! Resistance is futile.
And thanks Myket...I surely do love reading your blog as well!
Maury-maybe your standards are too high. He likes animals, appears to be self employed and doesn't live with his mom. These are all things I look for in a man. Overlook a few flaws-maybe this is the ONE!
Post a Comment