Monday, December 14, 2009

I can't catch a break...

Every day at the end of third period, we have announcements. If my school could ever get their act together, these announcements will be live video, but for now, they are just a student reading them over the intercom. It's not interesting, so I can kind of understand my students not listening too closely. Today, however, my third period class was so incredibly loud that it was impossible to hear the announcements AT ALL.

I don't know if it was because it's the last week of school before winter break, or because I don't feel good today, but either way I just couldn't take it.

I stood up and yelled at them: "You guys! You need to be quiet so that people CAN hear the announcements! You are being incredibly rude!!"

Silence decended. The announcements ended. And, through the wall, from the Spanish classroom next door, came the faint sounds of

Labamba by Los Lobos.

Kinda undercut my tirade.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Se necesita un poca de gracia?