
I'm down to 8 1/2 days left of school before Winter Break. It's a rough time of year as any school teacher knows. I'm getting crabbier as the days go by. The horrible thing is that my kids are getting loonier with each passing day. That makes me crabbier, which makes them loonier and on and on until what might happen is that I won't get any Christmas presents from my students this year. I better be on my best behavior until the weekend, when most parents traditionally shop for teacher gifts. I've become quite fond of teacher gifts now that I teach at a school where you actually recieve them. Of course I mostly get Starbucks gift cards, which don't do me any good, but do make my friend across the hall who recieves them very happy.
Of course, this all makes me sound really mercenary and materialistic, doesn't it? I need to remember the lesson from How the Grinch Stole Christmas "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!" I'll have to think about that one.

I've tried to include a link to creating your own grinch name, but I keep getting a nasty "FORBIDDEN" notice. This is not helping my crabbiness, let me tell you! Anyway, for those of you who can find it, try it out. I loved my own name, included in my title: Crabbygrinch Snottypants!! It's like that generator looked into my soul.
5 comments:
Before you give away any more Starbucks cards, you may want to check out the cranberry bliss bars. They are DAMN good and they only have them during the holiday's....so you don't need to worry about a year round addiction. I am not kidding. I don't kid about food.
And I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that this time of year I earn my paychecks for not reacting violently to work schenanigans, be it from adults or students.
I hate to rub it in (that's a lie) but we only have 3 minimum days left!!! The end is in sight:)
Damn you. Damn you to hell.
Yeah, Starbucks has some yummy confectionary treats, herbal teas, and "steamers" (which sounds really gross to me, but apparently only consists of steamed milk and flavoring). Don't be giving away those Starbucks cards!--unless, of course, you mail them to me. :)
Good luck with the end of school! I'm happy this year because we get ALL of x-mas eve off, not just a half a day. I'm not complaining, but enjoy your two weeks!
ok, now I feel really spoiled and silly. I DO get 2 weeks off. I have it pretty nice.
I thought "steamers" were dog poop on a cold day. Silly me!
Post a Comment