
So, let me tell you that I wasn't singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning" like I usually do when I ran like a mad woman around my apartment getting ready this morning.
Luckily I was raised by my father who thinks that the time for everyone to be ready to go anywhere (but mostly on our family vacations) is when he is ready, never mind what time we had agreed to in committee the night before. I remember more than one vacation beginning by being woken up at some unholy hour and being told that we needed to be ready and out in the car in 15 minutes. (I am NOT lying about this,and my siblings should feel free to chime in!)
So although I woke up an hour late, I was ready to go in 15 minutes, and I was able to tame the wild beast that is my hair. See all of you men out there in cyberspace? I am SUCH a catch! Why do I need a man plan?
3 comments:
It helps if little mice and birds help you get ready.....that's how I do it.
Let me get this straight-- You woke up at 6:30, and that was an HOUR late? You usually get up at 5:30?
What?
I love being a man.
Matthew
The week after Thanksgiving for me? Keep in mind, I usually get up at 5:10 and leave my house at 6:10 A.M. So...
Monday- 6:10 A.M. (Luckily, it was an even day and I have 2nd period prep. No big rush, but definitely not setting the good AVID Example for the kids who like to congregate in my room before going to their first class. I tried to convince them I was just coming from a meeting.)
Tuesday- 6:00 A.M. *slight improvement*
Wednesday- 5:50 A.M. Notice the trend? Interesting. This is when I quadruple checked my alarm and was shocked to find everything in perfect order.
Thursday- 7:10 A.M. (That was okay, though, because I went to a training down the street from my house that didn't start til 8:30. Hooray!)
Friday- 4:10 A.M. (I was sure I'd sleep in and miss the flight to Reno, but the alarm clock magically began working once again. Whew.)
My point? I both sympathize AND empathize. Why does school start so early, anyway?
Post a Comment