So, with no further ado, I thought I'd share a few pictures:

This is the house, with my favorite accesory: a HUGE dead tree. Nothing says welcome home like a dead tree. I'll take care of it....as soon as I can afford it.
I've been busy in the past two weeks, and I have these bruises to prove it:

First of all, I painted nearly the entire house. The only rooms that I haven't attacked with a paintbrush are my office, the garage, the laundry room and the guest bathroom. I'm not touching any of them except the bathroom in the near future. I'm thinking a pretty light green. Soooooooo my house has gone from being this color:

to this color:

I know in the picture it doesn't look a lot different, but trust me. It is. I love this color. It's called pale gold and in some light it looks yellow and in others it's kinda tan. I love love love it. It's pretty.
Since I only designed my Tiffany inspired bedroom last year, I wasn't ready to let that color go. However, I went with a tiny bit less bright blue, and I changed my window coverings:


As you can see I haven't finished, and I don't have anything hanging on the wall yet. These things take time.
I'm especially proud of what I've done in the walk in closet. I took it from three walls of this:

to two walls of that and one wall of this:

*cue angels singing. Am I right ladies?
That's right. I ripped out a shelf and hanging rod with my two bare hands, a rubber mallet, and a hammer and then hung all of those lovely shelves. BY MYSELF!!!
I've also changed the lock on this door:

and this door:

and one other one that I forgot to take a picture of.
Again, BY MYSELF!!!!
So, that's all for now. I'm tired and the other rooms are still too messy to take pictures of.
*******Addendum********
After I broke down and cried on the phone to my mom after my first full day of working on the house, she and my darling dad came and spent two days working on the house with me. I don't know what I would have done without them. Seriously. My dad fixed my kitchen faucet, my toilets, hung blinds, etc. My mom ripped out REALLLLLLLLLY ugly shelves in the entertainment center niche in my family room. The entire thing was painted black. She requested a picture of the after. I wish I had a photo of the before so that you could see the difference, but trust me, it looks worlds better.
Here it is now:
16 comments:
Fantastic! I want a picture of the non-black non-shelf area, the family room! It looks great! Congratulations! Your hard work shows, even to the bruises~ Mom
AWE.SOME. That's super! And yes, I swooned a little at the closet organization. Congrats on doing things yourself. It makes it infinitely more satisfying.
I am glad that you kept the Tiffany room...being that I never got a chance to see it before. I will have to make sure I see this incarnation of it.
And I think that a nice canvas matte (they are making them on sale at Costco, they're really pretty) of your mom above the tv would be great!
Maury I am SO proud of you! But, not surprised. You come from a long line of strong independent Lowe Quality women. Love what you've done to your home. Sure wish I could get an invite one of these days...hint...hint....
I can furnish my own paint brush....!
How far are you from us now?
Lynn,
I will totally invite you over for dinner when I actually have a table that can seat people. I'm farther from you now, but still in Vegas. I've moved to the Tule Springs area. It's beautiful out here, and QUIET!!
So nice!! Congratulations! Now go take pictures of all the other rooms so we don't miss any more "before" shots :)
I'm sorry to be so dense; but what was Jill referring to, canvas matte and your mother...I don't get what is being said.
Thank you for the picture; it is beautiful! Mom
Lovely. Me and all the Bocanegra children agree-Beautiful!! We love the bedroom, the new TV space and especially love the closet. Carly and I agree we'd love that closet!
Mom, I think Jill was saying I should get a big portrait of you and hang it above the TV in honor of your hard work.
I would like to say I tried to comment when this post was a baby and there were no other comments but your blog was being very hateful and wouldn't let me comment. Just so you know.....
I love love love it. I'm so glad you included the shot of the entertainment center area. It looks so good. Carly, Rachel & I agree that we need to plan a vegas trip next summer or maybe during a school break so it's not soooo hot! :)
so proud of all the things you did all by yourself! I hung a shelf in Jacob's room yesterday...... It was a little tiny shelf that he made in webelos but I felt my Maury power and grabbed a screwdriver and went for it.
You are inspiring!
Your legs still look good, even with the bruises. I am very jealous of the Maury legs. Beautiful home Maury Sue, I'm glad that you are happy and excited for this next chapter in your life. Love you!
Maury, I LOVE IT!!! So glad the bedroom theme is a keeper! You did a great job organizing the closet- I'll need some tips one of these days. Also, I can't believe you know how to change locks on doors- what a women;)
You home looks beautiful. I'm sure you'll enjoy it there!
Maury you're great. No montage needed!
http://wondermark.com/c/2010-08-17-649home.gif
I am looking forward to Christmas break. Maybe I can come stay in your lovely guest room and leave the girls with Guido. It looks lovely and I'm so impressed with what you have done in such a short time.
Lylas, Helen
Helen,
Oooooh! Yes, please!!
More pictures! (Please.)
Post a Comment