
In preparation for my super fabulous Pacific Northwest vacay with Jill I went out and bought a bathing suit today.
I was stoic and emotionally detached in the store, AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD
then I came home and crawled under the covers and contemplated sucking my thumb. I think I may have hit rock bottom.
But, I will squeeze my chubby body into that torture device and no matter how many people on the Oregon coast will be scarred for life just by seeing so much of me in so little, I am determined to have a good time.
Girl power and chub love aside, I might want to skip the whale watching. Wouldn't want any parallels drawn.
5 comments:
For the last 2 summers I have donned a bathing suit and gone to a water park with my kids because I don't want them suffering because I am unhappy with my chubby body. I admit I have to chant a little mantra to myself frequently throughout the day...
This is for the kids
this is for the kids
Nobody knows me here
this is for the kids.
It helps.
p.s. I hope you have a fabulous time. We loved having you here and miss you already.
Oh, I feel your pain! My comment is very similar to Jamie's -- a couple of years ago I finally sucked it up (literally..I could hardly breathe holding my stomach in like that) and bought a suit so I wouldn't be that un-fun adult at the family gatherings who refuses to get in the water with the kids.
I also found that once I get in the water, it's not so bad. You kinda forget about the trauma and just have a good time.
Cheers to you for not sacrificing vacation fun to dumb body image issues!!
Have a WONDERFUL time and take lots of pictures to post!!! (although i will understand if none of those pics involve a bathing suit...baby steps, baby steps!)
Ouch. That picture is all too true. But I bet that woman is having a GREAT time. Embrace and enjoy! Mel's right - post photos!
The Oregon coast can be quite chilly so maybe you won't ever have to truly break in that swim suit. But should you find the opportunity embrace it! Life only goes around once so live to the fullest, cellulite and all!:)
Post a Comment