Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Missing m'boy

(*not Austen)

When my doctor first told me I'd be off my feet for 6 weeks I imagined jumping right back into life after six weeks with my foot up.

Reality has been a bit different.

Part of the difference between expectation and reality came when I was staying with my sister Christy and realized that I wouldn't be able to go up and down the stairs the 3-4 times (beyond going to and returning from work) necessary to take care of Austen. Luckily Christy is wonderful and was willing to let me leave my boy until I could take care of him on my own.




Now I miss that little turkey. I come home and it's so quiet and lonely. I got used to having people around, so the loneliness is harder than usual, but no Austen?? Talk about adding injury to insult.


So here I am missing him, and he's in hog heaven at her house. She has a yard, a dog door, an almost unlimited supply of dog toys, and best of all Brie:



the proud owner of half of Austen's brain (which is only fair since he owns half of hers). So, while I'm looking forward to his return, I'm sure he's not.


Luckily he's wearing out his welcome at Christy's





(*Christy assures me that the look of shame was staged. You can't make this dog feel bad.)

If this is what he does with a yard and two dogs to play with, what's he going to do when he comes back home??

Oh my goodness, imagine the carnage.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I came home to find my dog, with his head completely buried in a hole, chasing after a gopher. Then he proceeded to run around the back yard with his dirt covered nose in the air, grumbling at invisible birds.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Emily said...

Those are pretty much the two cutest dogs on the face of the earth.

So when do you get him back? After showing up at all your court dates, passing the CPS in-home inspection & providing proof of gainful employment? Do you need a letter of recommendation? I'd be happy to write one for you.

Melissa said...

That's Austen's look of shame?? Oh my. Looks more like defiance!

I feel your pain. Right after law school, I left my kitties with my folks until I was settled in a new place. I was so lonely and depressed that month and it had nothing to do with a move to a new town. I missed my cats.