
The wedding was wonderful. I was fat, and yet enjoyed myself. Of course as soon as I look at any pictures taken on the day I'll want to pluck out my own eyes in sorrow, but nonetheless, I had a lot of fun. It was wonderful to see old friends and feel as if no time had passed.
Because I got a REALLY smoking deal on the plane ticket, I had to hang around for a day after the wedding, and my friend Carren stayed in West Virginia to hang out. We drove to Pennsylvania to see the amazing Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. Added to our fun was the fact that our friends Craig and Morris had also decided to visit Fallingwater. Carren and I went for a tour of the house, while the guys rambled around the grounds.
I am amazed and astounded by this house. I got to go with Melissa to see it seven years ago, and it stuck with me. I can't quite put into words the why or what, but there's something about walking through a work of art. I'm amazed by the genius that it takes to create something of such practical beauty.

So, it's official: I have a crush on Frank Lloyd Wright.
After our tour of Fallingwater, we drove to the adorable town of Ohiopyle Pennsylvania to eat lunch. Ohiopyle's entire economy seems to be based on Kayaking and it's proximity to Fallingwater. Craig and I decided that we wanted to live in a place this beautiful. . . and that perhaps working for a non-profit (him) or in public education (me) might not be the way to go. Oh well.
I can't say that I missed work or my students while I was gone, but I can happily inform you that this morning when I returned to work I was truly happy to be there. Also, the substitute was a real jerk to my kids so they were SUPER happy to have me back. That's always nice.
6 comments:
Maury you look cute in that picture. You are very photogenic. Melissa looks beautiful. I'm glad you had fun and had time to do some fun sight seeing.
love you
hey I didn't think it would work but Sammy wanted to see Melissa up close so i double clicked on Melissa and wow, it got big and Melissa's eyes are closed! Is that Molly on the left behind her?
Yeah, her eyes were closed, but it's the only picture I have that's posed with everyone. Yes, that's Molly to the left. 15 years and 4 kids later she looks exactly like she did when we were 18.
wish I did.....
Maurs, I had a WONDERFUL time hanging out. Thank you for making the cross-country trip for my wedding. I miss you! I'm glad you and Carren had fun on Sunday. Love you!
And by the way, you were beautiful, not fat. With that rockin' hair and gorgeous black wrap dress, what are you talking about??? Geesh!!!
Post a Comment