Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chubophobia: The fear of seeing friends when fat.

Hey everyone,
I get to fly cross country this coming Friday to attend the wedding of one of my most favorite people in the entire world. I couldn't be more excited to see old friends and be a part of my dear friend's wedding day, but I am really afraid. . . you see. . . in the past 2 years I've regained 35 of the 70 pounds I lost during the 2 years before that. I know that the people who I'm going to see love me and won't care if I don't look as cute as I wish I did, but I hate that I do. Really. I feel like such a failure and have reverted to many of my old fat habits: hiding from cameras and avoiding situations with new people. I hate that my current self image issues are clouding my excitement about seeing people that I love.

So, I'm getting over it, packing all my mumus and the big veil to hide my double chins and practicing the stop, drop, and roll Dick roll maneuver I'll need to avoid any and all cameras. It will be fun. . . I'm sure of it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, I love you, I love you! I can't wait to see you! But I also understand...I regained weight, too, but somehow lost some of it for the wedding (not as much as I wanted, but oh well). It happens. You are gorgeous and always have been.

Unknown said...

And we both look a whole lot better than we did in college! So there. How many people can say that??

Anonymous said...

Oh Maury Sue...
Is that why I have been here for a year and we have yet to get together?! I am just kidding, from the pictures I have seen you are still as beautiful as ever. Even if I haven't seen you in 15 years! We seriously need to get together and have a scrumptuous lunch!

Maursupial said...

Molly--We do need to get together and have lunch! Let's try to figure this whole thing out!