Thursday, August 16, 2007

Oh yeah, I have a JOB. . .

Well, this will be a short and sweet one, I promise. The last entry was a bit long winded so I'll resist this time. I'm posting this from my classroom. Yes. . . summer is now officially over for Maury. I don't HAVE to be back to work until next Wednesday, but my Principal asked me to come in and make a presentations to the new teachers about AVID and Cornell Notes. They were very nice and receptive. One of them is VERY learned about AVID and wants to be a part of the team. I'm so excited!!

However, being back in my classroom makes me realize that I am going to have to get my act together in the next week and actually plan and stuff. Yikes! I love teaching, but I always forget that in August when I'm setting everything up again. Also, I never remember what a pain it is to find all of my stuff that I've shoved here and there at the END of the year when I'm doing all of my shoving. Oh well. THIS YEAR I'll remember. Any takers on that bet? I'm starting to get that nervous gut thing that happens to me every year at this time. Now is a good time to start the August mantra "I love my job more than sleeping in and watching British shows on DVD. I love my job more than sleeping in and watching British shows on DVD. . ." A few hundred times might do the trick.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

comment from a friend of ours: a high school physics teacher,. He said "the week before school starts is meetings, meetings, and more meetings. He thinks they really have no purpose but to create in the teachers the feeling of joy in being in class with their students instead of being in MORE MEETINGS!!!!

Jeanne said...

I'm watching Prisonbreak, of course, so I'm just skimming through your blog during the commercials. I felt exactly this way as summer sadly ended... And I talked a friend with a large car into driving to San Diego with me the weekend after the AVID conference so we could shove my 6 ft. tall IKEA bookcase into her Subaru. Great minds do think alike. :)