Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Saturday

How I spent my Saturday:

6 am: Woke up, rolled over, went back to sleep.

7:30 am: Woken up by Austen shaking his collar and snorting like a pig.

7:31 am: Let Austen climb up into bed with me.

8:45 am: Finally woke up to Austen standing over me and staring.

9:00 am: Took Austen out to do his business.

9:30 am: Went grocery shopping.

10:45 am: Ate breakfast.

11:00 am-12:30 pm:Sat on the couch NOT cleaning my house.

12:30-12:35 pm: Had a staring contest with Austen.

12:45-2:30 pm: Took a nap.

2:30-3:30 pm: Avoided cleaning my house again.

3:30-3:35 pm: Had a staring contest with Austen

3:40-4:55 pm: Replaced the sheets on my bed and washed my old ones, cleaned my bathroom and organized my make-up. Took out the trash, folded laundry

4:55-500 pm: Another staring contest with Austen. In the middle, realized that I hadn't fed him breakfast.

5:01 pm: Fed Austen extra food. In bad dog mommy circles we call this a "guilt helping"

5:00-7:00 pm: Watched a couple of episodes of Toddlers in Tiaras. I know. It's horrible, but I can't help it. It's like a train wreck, and it has the added bonus of making me feel better about myself. Sure, I forget to feed my dog, but I don't put a wig and fluffy dress on him, slap fake teeth in his mouth and then make him parade around in front of a bunch of crazy pageant people, now do I?

7:15-7:30 pm: Wrote this post.


See why I haven't updated lately?

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I have very funny chatter for this little comment box ...but I am stuffed full my favorite pharmacuiticals , as we speak....so wait till tomorrow?

Wait anxiously.

nurselynn said...

Awww, I think Austen would look kinda cute with 'flippers' and a fake tan. (see, I watch trash tv too!)
Maury, even when you are doing nothing, we like to read about it! Do you have some fun spring break plans??

Emily said...

Fake teeth? Seriously? Wow, I am a good mom. I agree with Lynn, I want to see Austen puttin' on the ritz. & by the way, you accomplished from 3:40-4:55 what it takes me all week to do.

Christy said...

I've had days like that. I feel terrrible at the end of the day about myself, but sometimes you just have to do nothing. (don't tell Dad I said that) Wesley has the staring down too-most of the time I'm glad my dogs don't talk-but there are times I want to say "What do you want me to do for you??????!!!!"