.jpg)
It makes me uncomfortable on several levels
1. Eating this cake would be akin to eating one of those naked girl mudflaps.

2. Just look at his hair will you? I know it's molded plastic and all, but this guy looks like that creepy "distant cousin" who still combs his hair with pomade and always corners you at family reunions to tell you how "purty you've grown up to be" and "if I was only 30 years younger..." Ick! I don't care if he is a Dapper Dan Man, I don't want him.
3. That rug looks reeeeeealllly uncomfortable.
4. Hello! it's a boy in his underwear on top of a cake. I don't care if he is plastic, it just doesn't feel sanitary.
5. Yes. I'm single. Yes. I'm 35. No, I don't have a date to my own party. Yes. I'm a sad lonely spinster. Please don't give me a plastic naked man on a cake to further rub salt in that wound.
6. Ewww. Just. Ewww.
I would not be able to eat that cake. I don't know that I've ever said those words before, but believe me. I mean them.
Don't. Just. Don't.
(Thanks Cakewrecks)
11 comments:
I find this post to almost be a bit of dare.
(And the word verification for this comment 'Flycat.' I find that appropriate)
Hey (soon to be) Birthday Girl, Jon is turning 35 in a couple of weeks too! And guess what...we are coming out to Vegas at the end of the month...we need to have Old Kids(I almost said Old Fart's but I'm not that far behind y'all) Bithday Party!....That cake though, looks tasty, dispite the nasty man on top!
Believe me, it never entered my mind!
Is that supposed to be a rug he's laying on? A fluffy bearskin rug? Ew!
(Jillian - I agree with you.)
Jamie's to do list:
1. cancel bear skin rug cake decorating class....
2. find sanitary, non mudflap image invoking cake topper for Maury's birthday.
3. hmmm... maybe a dragon cake? jet plane? pink sparkly pony? I know how to do those. hmmmm
4. check the schedule for a class on making toby stephens, fully clothed, out of frosting.
Tangent: Maury, this makes me think about the the dual-wheel sparkly blue pick-up with the naked women mud flaps, the air horns, and the bull-roping cowboy hood ornament that we borrowed from Art O'Dell and took on vacation that year to Mexico. Dad loved picking up hitchhikers and honking at cute Mexican girls when the hitchhikers would wave at them while standing and waving at them from the back of that thing.
Now THAT's Klassy! (With a capital K!)
(And Dingster is my word verification word.)
Ooooh! I vote for the pink sparkly pony!!!
Matthew,
We borrowed that truck from Art Miller. Just wanted to give tacky where tacky was due. And I also thought of that truck while I was writing this post.
35?? How is this possible? I'm not ready for all of this. Not ready at all.
Oh... totally messed up that one. Art Miller not O'Dell. Art O'Dell was our neighbor who owned the barber shop and had the cool mustache (with curls on the ends.)
My bad.
Upon further review of said plastic man....why is his face a completely different color than the rest of his body?
Hey congrats on the upcoming b-day. You can finally run for president now. I liked your analysis of the cake, it was pretty good, I totally agree.
Post a Comment