Monday, October 25, 2010

4 things, maybe 5

1. I have more grading to do within the next week than is humanly possible. At the end of each grading period I do question my decision to become an English teacher.

2. My students get a *5 day weekend. I get a measly 3 day one. Nothing like knowing someone gets more time off than you do to turn a 3 day weekend to crap.

3. Today's Catalog Living made me laugh out loud. Alone. In my classroom. When I should have been grading papers.

4.I have to come up with an effective plan to avoid trick-or-treaters this Halloween. Sunday evening will undoubtedly find me hiding under my bed with a flashlight.

5. If I didn't have an appointment after school I'd be home and in bed by 2:30 p.m. Sadly, I do have an appointment after school today.

* Friday we're celebrating "Nevada Day" and have no school. For further information on Nevada day go here, or here. Monday and Tuesday are "Professional Development Days". This means the kids get them off, but I DON'T!!!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Just try to remember how cool it was when you were a student...not saying it will make you feel better; just a suggestion. Mom

molly said...

I think that instead of actually working those two extra days you should just read Catalog Living :) THANK YOU for introducing it to me-I love it! And you are not the only one to laugh out loud, alone, while reading it...I have shown it to several people and they don't get it. I'm so glad you do!!!