
1. Showing up to a final in college for a class that I forgot I'd signed up for and never attended. I arrive with 1 ripped piece of paper and a little stubby pencil. The test is book length and when it starts the professor says "You may use your notes on the final." At that point everyone in class pulls out 5" binders full of notes and I cry.
2. I am being chased by a psychotic serial killer who has killed each of my family members in turn as we run, panicked through the deserted streets of some unknown town. Right before I wake up I'm hiding in a stairwell and can hear him coming.
3. I go to school/work/etc. fully dressed, but as the day progresses my clothes become increasingly shredded until I'm frantically trying to cover vital body parts with rags.
4. I am required to be on stage in front of an incredibly large group of people to a) sing a song I don't know
b) teach an incredibly detailed and complex concept
c) perform in a play I have never read, let alone rehearsed or memorized lines for.
5. I have written down the wrong date for the start of school and show up 4 hours late for my first day of work.
Guess which one came true today?????
At least my clothes are intact.
9 comments:
oops.
I haven't had this one in a while but for years would have one where I was coming back from lunch all relaxed and then I didn't know where 5th period was. I would frantically look over and over through my binder just knowing I had a schedule in there somewhere. The dream would go on and on AND ON with me just frantically looking, knowing i was getting later and later. very stressful.
Then I had one where I was running from a murderer too and while he's chasing me I try over and over to scream and can't make any sound come out. That one is absolutely horrible.
gee... first day of work tomorrow. Hope I wrote down the right time...
Oh no! At least there were no kids there yet, right?
My recurring nightmare is that all my teeth are falling out.
I have had both Jamie's nightmare and I constantly have Emily's. In it my front lower teeth are incredibly loose. WHY? I also have the I'm trying to look at something terribly important and can't CAN't open my eyes. Usually I don't remember my dreams, I guess that is a good thing.
Yeah, it was a teacher work day, thank goodness. No kids. Also, my admin didn't even notice I wasn't there. Makes you feel important and loved, huh?
I, like Jaime, have the ones where I am screaming and can't get anything out. However, until I was married, sleeping next to someone who can (and does) shake me awake when this happens, I did not realize that while I can't get any scream to come out in my dream, I am actually screaming bloody murder, causing said spouse to wake up in a startle.
Crazy that you had the wrong day written down! Good thing your admin. is so involved with the teachers at your school, eh?! How did you finally realize that you had the wrong day and were supposed to be at work?
Gee Emily, I don't have that one where the teeth are falling out any more! Hmmm, can't imagine why anyone would have that nightmare!
Just make sure they don't fall out in front of your husband. Mom
Those are some impressive nightmares! Too bad one actually happened :) I had a nightmare the other night that we were back at BYU and I asked you if you wanted to be roommates. You politely DECLINED and said you were roomming with some OTHER friends!!! GRRRRR!!!
Oh Molls,
I would NEVER decline your invitation to be your roommate!! How sad! Being friends with you has been one of the great blessings of my life!!
Sorry, I'm behind in my blog reading.
My nightmare:
My left foot just wont untangle from behind my right one and I can't walk without having my feet crossed.
I know that this doesn't sound like much, but it's fairly frustrating. I have this dream about once a week.
Post a Comment